By using www.pricecrashfurniture.co.uk (the “site”) you signify your agreement to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies described herein. If you do not agree with our privacy policies, please refrain from using our site or making a purchase. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages or we will email you at our discretion.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
- Full name of legal entity: SK Home Furniture Ltd / Company number 07718135
- Trading Name: pricecrashfurniture.co.uk
- Email address: email@example.com
- Postal address: 22 Sovereign Way, Kingswood, Hull, East Yorkshire, HU7 3JG
- Telephone number: 08450 739 530
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title,
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers..
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you: apply for our products or services; create an account on our website; subscribe to our service or publications; request marketing to be sent to you; give us feedback or contact us. If the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information, such as your driver’s licence, credit card statement, or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
(a) analytics providers;
(b) advertising networks; and
(c) other search information providers.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
- Where necessary, financial information from conducting credit checks with authorised credit check bureaus.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION WITH YOU
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
- We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
- We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
INFORMATION WE PROCESS WITH YOUR CONSENT
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us [at email address or webpage]. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
INFORMATION WE PROCESS FOR THE PURPOSES OF LEGITIMATE INTERESTS
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A LEGAL OBLIGATION
Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM US
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
There are a limited number of situations where we may disclose your personal information to others without first receiving your consent:
- when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law,
- if you violate or breach an agreement with us,
- if we believe conduct by you will harm the property or rights of the Site or those of our customers,
- in connection with the sale of all or substantially all of our company’s assets or the sale of an entire web site or business division
In some occasions, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights include: Request access to your personal data; Request correction of your personal data; Request erasure of your personal data; Object to processing of your personal data; Request restriction of processing your personal data; Request transfer of your personal data; Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us